Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Home Stretch

AUS: Thurs May 5th, 11:25am / T.O: Wed May 4th, 9:25pm

Today Is Such An Awesome Day.
It's Thursday morning, I got up early to have a chat with Darren - the internet was terrible and it sounded like he was living in a tin can but I've come to accept how bad the connection can be. Sara is at prac and Leyla went to Uni for a bit presentation so I have the place to myself -- I'm a super nerd but I've indulged in my alone time....I've done laundry, and cleaned my room as well as dust and vacuum the common area. I've got my country music blasting, the doors are open with a nice breeze flowing through, I'm eating timtams for breakfast. Life is Good. I'm actually making french toast for breakfast, the timtam was just to tie me over.

I have only got one more essay to do this term - 2,000 words later and I'll be finished. I've spent the morning expertly procrastinating but that feeling is there, that feeling that you know you're at the end of the road and you feel light and happy.
I just took a bite of my french toast and I must say I'm impressed with myself, I've never actually made it before - Yum!
Yesterday I had a seriously nerve shaking mock interview with a school board for one of my classs; I aced it. Whew. Comments from my prof who was grading us: Cool & Calm. I Was Shaking The Whole Time - good to know I can fake composure when needed.

So one more essay to go; due tomorow by 5pm and then it's my Birthday Party!!!! Woooooot! I haven't been excited at all. Usually I have a countdown going on from Jan to my birthday but this year it just hasn't felt right - well the feeling has arrived - and we're gonna party like we're 22 b/c in all honesty that's the age most of my friends are! AAaaaannnnd best of all: my roomie Sara is making me a Chocolate Cheesecake - just like my momma usually does!

In other Amazing Happy Exciting news ----- I didn't want to say anything until it was finalized, worried to jinx it but I've decided the more positivity around it the more it will happen ---- Darren and I found an apartment!!!! And by Darren and I, I mean he found an apartment, did all the nitty gritty work and I just sat here looking at pictures asking if we can paint and put holes in the walls. EXCITED!!!!! He's taking the application in at the end of this week and I want everyone to keep your fingers crossed for us pleeeeeeease! It's bigger than we need/expected but it has everything we were looking for. If all goes according to plan he'll move mid-June which means he'll be doing all of the heavy lifting as well b/c I don't get home for another two weeks after. Best/Easiest move I've ever been a part of! It's at Martingrove & Steeles just south of the 407. So like I said earlier please please please but some good vibes out there for us.

Happy Mothers Day This Weekend to All the Amazing Mommy's out there, esp. Mine!!! I love you and I miss you and I'm so proud of you - Thank you for everything <3

Have an Amazing rest of the week everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo

Post Playlist:
Brad Paisley - American Friday Night
Sugarland - It Happens
Lady A - Our Kind of Love
Rascal Flatts - Fast Cars & Freedom
Carrie Underwood - Songs like This
Keith Urban - Country Comfort

No comments:

Post a Comment