Friday, May 13, 2011

Prac Week 1

AUS: Sat May 14th, 12:05pm / T.O: Fri May 13th, 10:05pm

First thing's first: We Got The Apartment!!! Darren moves in June 15th! I'll be home two weeks later *Happy Dance*!!!

Next: My poor excuse of an immune system has betrayed me ... the horrific cold I had 4-5 weeks ago seemed to have left me though the cough stayed and now it's back full force - the cough that is; phlemy and gross and I'm pretty sure I've been running a fever for the past three days. The flu is going around my school. Perfect! In the chance that I have an infection lingering in my chest I've made a dr. appointment for Monday afternoon and I have some medicine in the meantime to keep myself comfortable. *grumblegrumble* not happy about this; I've only got 1 day make-up for prac too so I have to be careful about if I use it now. We have to clock 32 days at prac and make up any holiday or sick days and there are two holidays in june that I already have to make up leaving me the two last days of the school term for sick days; but the Friday of that week is our Graduation which I'd really like to attend, not be finishing prac :( So I'm trying to push through the sickness and get to work each day.

Prac: ... to be honest I'm not loving it. At first I was very intimidated by my mentor but this past week has been a lot better with her and she gave me really excellent feedback for my lessons and we're getting along. I dont like Gr 2. There's just something about them that drives me crazy. They don't know anything; and I know that's why I'm there - to teach them - but it's so annoying. How many times do I have to tell them to use a capital when they start a sentence? Unlimited.
I came home with headache every day this week. They are cute kids; they're really good kids; I can't stand them. Now I feel like a bad person. 6/32 days done ... 26 more to go ...

Can't wait to be finished there and get travelling to the Great Barrier Reef before heading home - exciting things ahead!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment