Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stress Management

AUS: Mon Apr 4, 11:50am / T.O: Sun Apr 3, 9:50pm

I have a minute to breathe now that my literacy assignment is done - Whew - that was a long hard 4 day sit. Had it been for something like greenpeace I wouldn't whine so much but alas, it was for edu340, the worst class ever offered to people who want to be teachers. I'm not writing to complain today though, I'll cut that out right now. This post is me Taking A Huge Deep Breath and Letting My Mind and Body Relax!!!
I decided something the other day as my body started taking on psychosomatic symptoms of stress: It's Not Worth It!!! Despite the fact that the end never seems near; it is. I started to ask myself, will this matter next week? will this matter in 3 months from now? will this matter next year? Eventually you hit a time frame where you can comfortably conceive that it won't matter and that whatever it is that is stressing you out, will stop. Or you go crazy. Either way, you'll find relief.
Junk food is not the answer. My roommate Sara is ridiculously good at making brownies, the problem with that is anytime one of us in the house has a bad day it's chocolate to the rescue. After one bad decision making afternoon of brownies, vanilla latte's and starburst candies I called it quits. We're limiting the brownies to once a month from this point on. Willpower 1, Baked Goods 0. That being said, I absolutely outright refuse to give up my Tuesday afternoon Chai Latte's. Nobody can make me.
Inter-semester break is coming up in two weeks - the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll have some work to do but I'm looking forward to visiting the beach and taking some over night trips to the Gold Coast and Byron Bay. The goal for the week is to soak up as much sun as possible before it gets too 'cold' here. Time to go to the Uni to print off this monster of an assignment and put it behind me. Deep Breath. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment