Friday, April 1, 2011

It's APRIL!

AUS: Sat Apr 2, 10am / T.O: Fri Apr 1, 8pm

Here begins Day 3 of my literacy portfolio ... I have literally been sitting in this chair for two days straight and find myself in it again this morning, likely for the whole day. We have to compose a resource portfolio for ourselves/future reference to use when teaching filled with enduring strategies that will aid in the development of reading, writing and oral language. We've been told that 15 strategies is a minimum and will only receive a Pass grade - so I'm doing 30 strategies and I wish I'd known when I started that it takes about an hour a strategy! Some of my crazier people in my program are running straight through - not sleeping until they have it done - I'm not sure how in the world they're pulling that off but I think they're insane; after about 7 hours straight your brain just stops working and it's hard to refocus. A thanks to Afton and Kirsten for being amazing and forwarding me some of the strategies they use in their classrooms - I appreciate it so much!
And speaking of Afton ...... HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!
It's the Jays home opener tonight, and not that I like baseball much at all; but it's always a fantastic reminder that summer is just around the corner. The delicious Toronto street meat, the go-train & union station, gigantic vodka lemonade's and the roof open on the Skydome.
Enjoy your first taste of summer, I'll keep my fingers crossed you don't see anymore snow!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment