Saturday, November 20, 2010

Prac Is Finished!!!

T.O Sat Nov 20, 9:05pm / AUS Sun Nov 21, 12:05pm

First thing's first: A Huge Congratulations to Kirsten and Jason on the arrival of beautiful healthy baby girl, Emily Joan. Congrats Hunter Family!!!

The last two weeks of prac flew by! This past Friday was my last day with the students and they were all so sweet saying goodbye and giving me big hugs. Some of them were very sad I wasn't changing my flight so I could spend the last week of classes with them and they all wished me good luck and safe travels home. I'm happy to say that I finished prac with a High Distinction and the school's asked me to come back for my second prac. Not that I would mind being back at PLC but I really want a prac class in Prep - Year3 and if they can't provide a mentor teacher for those grades it's not going to work out, additionally as I'm more than likely teaching in the public school system at home it would be good to have experience in the state school's here, not another stint in a private school. No matter what happens next semester I've had the best possible experience this time around.
Friday night after prac, the celebrations began - Uni students being done exams and prac over, it was a good night but I certainly paid for it yesterday. Macca's and movies in bed helped cure my hangover. This morning Kate, Marieke, Clinton, Tara, Leyla, Sara and I all got together for a Huge delicious brunch over at the bbq area - so much food! The plan for the rest of the day is to get some laundry done and organize all my school papers.
Tomorrow's an exciting day, Leyla, Sara and I are going down to our new apartment to pay our bond for next semester!!! I'm so excited about our new place, it overlooks the ocean from our balcony, there's a huge kitchen and living area and we'll each have our own decent sized rooms. It's really beautiful and the people who manage the building are so nice.

4 more sleeps til Sydney! Dominique and I found out the other day that our hostel was so inexpensive b/c it's not in the nicest area.... but we shouldn't be spending much time there anyway so hopefully it's alright. I've got my fingers crossed that the weather is nice b/c most of what we have planned is walking around outside touring the city. I'm so excited!
10 more sleeps until I get on the plane to come home -- sooo excited to see everyone and have a happy christmas!!!
and 3 weeks until I'm in Dominican with my baby - what a nice relaxing week to just enjoy colourful drinks with little umbrella's in them. I may be in Australia having an awesome time but I've worked by butt off and I'm ready for a vacation!

Really couldn't have asked for more out of my trip to Aus, feel so lucky to have had the chance to come here. Will post Sydney pics asap!!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment