Thursday, December 2, 2010

Home For The Holidays

T.O. Thurs Dec 2, 1:35pm / AUS Fri Dec 3, 4:35am

I'm HOME!!!!!

3 planes, 2 layovers and 26.5 hrs later and I'm back in Toronto. What a trip! The jet lag is killer, I feel like I was dragged behind a kangaroo the whole way home - my mind and my body are not in sync with each other and this country yet. I'm doing my best to stay awake today so that I can get settled in the time zone but it's a fight I think I'm losing. More importantly than anything else I'm home and it feels Amazing to be back, despite the cold weather. It finally feels like Christmas is on it's way - the sunny warmth of Australia just wasn't cutting it. I even watched Polar Express yesterday during one of my flights to get into the spirit, and I'll admit it, I'm even listening to Christmas tunes right now and I write this up.

Before I left Dominique and I took off to Sydney for a couple of days - We Had Such an Amazing Time! Sydney was Fantastic! By far, the best part of my trip to Aus. The city is beautiful and historic and we literally spend 3 days wandering around and taking the subway to all the different places we wanted to see. It also happened that Christena was in Sydney for the couple days that we were and got to meet up with her and spend some time sight seeing which was nice to do before we all headed home. My highlight was seeing the Opera House and the Harbour as well as an area called The Rocks which is the original buildings from when Sydney was established by the British back in the 1800's. Each night we found these adorable places to have dinner which were delicious - we ate at Gazebo Wine Garden (recommended to everyone if you get the chance) and a little Italian place called Mad Pizza. I rate everything in Sydney a 10/10, I cannot stress enough how fabulous it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment