Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunshine Coast Indeed

AUS Sun Feb 27th, 4:16pm / T.O. Sun Feb 27th, 1:16am

I've been gone almost a week now, though it'll be another three days until I've been in Australia for that long. 15hr time difference is Insane!!!
This post is to depict my perfect paradise weekend ....
Saturday: had a bbq and swim here at our place with old friends from Varsity rez - great time with lots of laughs. Then went to another bbq at some friends place in Mooloolaba; only stayed for one drink - lots of Germans at that party. Not that there's anything wrong with German's. Came home to watch a downloaded episode of Off the Map; created by the same people as Grey's Anatomy .... its pretty good so far. Overall an excellent day of sipping white wine from 2pm - 11:30pm.
Sunday: had a chat with my stinks online - well we tried anyway, the internet is so slow the connections bad and we spend half the time asking if the other could hear what we were saying. Then joined Sara and Leyla at Alex Beach right across the street - lasted an hour before we decided we were getting burnt. Came home to apply more suntan lotion and lay by the pool for a couple more hours; ahhhhh life's good! Downfall of the day is when I was trying to push my wardrobe drawer closed and my picture frame fell from up top and smashed me on the head - subsequently I treated the injury by watching a couple episodes of Glee in bed while nursing a headache.
I'm having dinner tonight with my lovely friend Liz who cross-stiched mom the most wonderful wall hanging which so powerfully states: Fuck Cancer. in the midst of ribbons, hearts and birds.
Happy & safe travels to mom and Brett tomorrow who are headed to Cali for a well deserved week of R&R <3
Missing home but not complaining!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment